For Sale £1,400,000
Shiplake village has a thriving community and is located approximately 1.5 miles to the south of Henley with the property being privately situated in a private road off Northfield Avenue. Village conveniences include the local shop/post office, garage, public house/restaurant, local butcher and railway station with access via Twyford to London Padding (approx. 40 mins). The comprehensive shopping facilities of both Henley and Reading are within a short drive. Shiplake College and Shiplake Primary are within a mile.
Further key features to be implemented with the design:
• First floor overhangs to provide solar shading
• Maximising insulation to reduce heat loss and minimise heating requirements
• Mechanical ventilation with heat recovery (MVHR) introduces fresh air and replaces stale air via a heat transfer plate which ensures air coming in is pre-heated
• Thermal mass of exposed solid concrete walls will moderate any change in internal temperature
• Triple-glazing reduces the electrical lighting requirement and helps provide a healthier environment
• Orientation of the internal layout maximises the use of solar energy
• Non-concussive taps and dual-flush toilets reduce water consumption
• Insulation material with zero rated ODP
• Under-floor heating ensures efficient heating and full use of thermal mass via air source heat pump
• Supplementary heating is achieved through wood-burning stoves
• Reduced rainwater run-off from the site using SUDS, green roof and rainwater harvesting
• 4 cycle storage spaces encourage sustainable modes of transport
• Green roof to encourage biodiversity
• Juliette balconies to all bedrooms
Priced schedule of works and suggested internal fittings is available on request. Approximately £350,000 subject to the purchaser’s self-sufficient expression of modern living.
To the front an attached double garage with a driveway providing ample parking if required.
Planning permission for home office/garden room.
The overall plot approx. 1/3rd of an acre, is well screened along all boundaries by mature hedging and trees, with a South facing rear garden.
From Henley Bridge with the town centre in front of you, turn left on Thameside and follow the road around by the river and into Station Road. At the traffic lights turn left onto the Reading Road and follow this road crossing over three roundabouts. After approx. 2 miles turn left at Shiplake War Memorial into Station Road. At the crossroads turn left on Northfield Avenue, Bolney Trevor Drive will be found on your left. The subject property will be found approx. half way down on the left.
Room Dimensions (approx.)
Kitchen/Dining Room 26’10 x 25’8
Drawing Room 31’6 x 27’1
Study 10’7 x 9’6
Play Room/Media Room 15'8 x 12'3
Master Bedroom 30’1 x 15’4
Guest Suite 1 24’4 x 12’11
Guest Suite 2 24’4 x 11’9
2 additional Bedrooms 14’4 x 12’2
• Site Area 0.14 ha (1/3rd acre) (approx.)
• Foot print of house 248 sq m (2,669.45 sq ft) (approx.)
• Internal floor area 446 sq m (4,800.7 sq ft) (approx.)