Tim’s Top Jobs To Be Getting On With In May.
We are sure many of you enjoyed the recent sunny Bank Holiday Weekend over Easter but perhaps sat in your garden at home you had a quick look round your garden and thought “Hmmm this could do some work”. Often over looked the garden and especially the front garden is one of the first thing people see when approaching your home, so if you’re looking to sell it or add value to it then you should really give it some thought. Don’t worry though, we are here to help and here are my top tips for you to be getting on with in your garden. You might not enjoy it when there’s a bit of drizzle in the air but hey it is England…. So put on your wellies, your trousers with more holes in it than a block of Swiss cheese and spend a few hours over the weekend with these jobs.
- Watch out for late frosts. Protect tender plants
- Earth up potatoes, and promptly plant any still remaining
- Plant out summer bedding at the end of the month (except in cold areas)
- Water early and late to get the most out of your water, recycle water when possible
- Regularly hoe off weeds
- Open greenhouse vents and doors on warm days
- Mow lawns weekly
- Check for nesting birds before clipping hedges
- Lift and divide overcrowded clumps of daffodils and other spring-flowering bulbs
- Watch out for viburnum beetle and lily beetle grubs
For more information, don’t be afraid to pop down to Bell St Books in Henley to pick up some great books on gardening. As we said earlier, looking after your garden can not only give an instant good impression on a potential buyer but it also keeps you fit and active and giving our good friend Mother Nature a helping hand. We can also highly recommend Toad Hall just outside of town for all your gardening needs and perhaps update those unsightly trousers that we know many of you have thrown in the back of the wardrobe…
If you have your own tips, please feel free to send them in and we will share them on our social media.
Happy gardening, Tim.